Monday, November 22, 2010

Audience/Journals for my work

I think the audience for my work will be someone who can appreciate humor and descriptive language. A lot of my writing relies on the reader being able to visualize in their head what is going on, in order to get a full appreciation for the writing. The reader should also like to read true stories about things that have actually happened, and maybe empathize with the impoverished. The story that I want to submit is the story about Guatemala and the little girl, so it will be easier to pinpoint which publication I should submit to. Maybe it would be a website that has stories about nature, because the descriptions in my writing is a lot about the nature and animals around me at the time.

http://fourthriver.chatham.edu/index.cfm

This literary journal would be a great one for me to send to. They tend to publish works about people writing about humans and thier environment. I don't know if my work would fit in perfectly because it says they like works that explore landscapes in new ways, however they may appreciate my story.

http://www.ecotonejournal.com/index.php/home/about/

I clicked on this link because of the word "eco" in it, which I thought might be about the environment. When I clicked on the "about" link it said that this literary journal likes works that are about "place". I like that it says a "vibrant literature of place."

No comments:

Post a Comment